Since from childhood , my only curiosity was to know all Facts about EGYPT. By watching BRANDEN FRASER , THE MUMMY SERIES my curiosity and eagerness was on next level . I always wonder is that even true?, In Fact EGYPT has some sort of civilization where mummification is processed as well as the treasure and the story depicts by the historian.
So, Without wasting much time, we’ll talk about some top secret of EGYPT:
- PYRAMID OF GIZA : Perhaps the most recognizable symbol of ancient egypt, these massive structures were built for 3 generations of pharaohs – khufu , khafre and menkaure during the old kingdom ( 2575- 2130 B.C. ). It is still unknown exactly how the egyptian pyramid have been constructed, it’s estimated that around 100,000 men have been laboured for some 20 years to create the largest , the great pyramid for GIZA.
2. KHUFU SHIP : The Giza pyramid , located on the outskirts of modern CAIRO, contains other marvel, including the sphinx , a massive statue of a lion with the pharaoh kafres head. In 1954 , archaeologists stumbled on a nearly intact ship, measuing some of 140 feet long , buried in pieces at the base of the great pyramid. inscribed with the name of pharaoh khufu, it was apparently buried along with other grave items; it was later excavated and went on display at the specially constructed solar boat museum, just a few meters away from where it was found.
3. KING TUTS TOMB : The long – lost tomb of the 18th dynasty boy pharaoh, TUTANKHAMEN, was rediscovered by archaeologist howard carter in 1922. Located in the valley of the kings on the west bank of the nile, Tuts tomb had been covered by debris for some 3000 years, protecting it from looters .braving rumors of a curse , carters team opened a tomb filled with treasures – notably Tuts mummy, wearing a splendid gold death masks – that provided evidence of the most lavish period of egyptian history.
4. ROSETTA STONE : In 1798 , near the Egyptian own of rashid , officers in napoleon bonapart’s army spotted a black granite slab with writing on one side. dated to 96 B.C. , the rosetta stone is believed to have been created in memphis, on behalf of the pharaoh ptolemy V, affirming his proper to rule over egypt. Inscribed in three different languages – hieroglyphic , demotic and greek – its translation in 1822 provided the key to understanding egyptian hieroglyphs for the first time , shedding new light on the entire history of ancient egypt. It has been in brithish possession since the end of the napoleonic wars, though egypt has long requested its return.
5. TEMPLES AT ABU SIMBEL : Abu Simbel, site of two temples built by the Egyptian king Ramses ll (reigned 1279–13 BC), now located in southern Egypt. In ancient times the area was at the southern frontier of pharaonic Egypt, facing Nubia. The four colossal statues of Ramses in entrance of the main temple are spectacular examples of ancient Egyptian art. By means of a complex engineering feat in the 1960s, the temples were salvaged from the rising waters of the Nile river caused by erection of the Aswan high dam.They named it after a boy who discovered it.
6. VALLEY OF THE GOLDEN MUMMIES : In the mid 1990s , a team of archaeologists uncovered a vast necrophiles near bawit, south of cairo. An initial excavation yielded 105 mummies, some adorned with gilded masks and chest plates, other buried more simply in terracotta, plaster or linen coverings. dubbed the valley of golden mummies , the ancient cemetry has since yielded hundred of other mummies, representing various social classes ; experts believe it could contains as many as 10,000 mummies in all.
7. KING TUT’s GOLDEN CHARIOT : The chariots discovered by British archaeologist Howard Carter when he entered King Tut’s treasure-packed tomb in 1922 are the best surviving examples of Egypt’s high-tech, six-spoke wheel chariots. The boy king’s collection consisted of two large ceremonial chariots, a smaller highly decorated one and three others that were lighter and made for daily use. The fact that the vehicles were dismantled helped their preservation. The wheel rim would have bent under the chariot’s weight and been permanently deformed if the chariots weren’t disassembled.
There are many more secrets buried beneath the Egyptian lands even today, and #1 choice for Archeologists for a reason for Centuries.
Tell me your views on this article and share your knowledge on this as well in comment section, i would love to read that.